Tuesday 21 January 2014

Birdguides Review of the Year 2013 - Part II

I was very pleased to see one of my photos used in Birdguides Review of the Year: 2013 - Part II .

The photo was one I took of male Common Redstart near the plantation on Blakeney Point, Norfolk on the final weekend of August 2013. Suitable weather conditions lead to a very decent sized fall of early autumn migrants such as Common Redstarts, Pied Flycatchers, Whinchats and Wrynecks.
For this one I lay on my stomach in front of a small Tamarisk in which the bird was feeding from and propped my lens up on my rucksack. The bird showed very well for a few minutes as it chased insects, allowing me to obtain a couple of decent images and a short movie clip


Common Redstart, Blakeney Point, Norfolk - August 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment