Saturday 10 October 2015

Fair Isle - Part four

Monday morning - first of all there was that smug and happy feeling of being on Fair Isle rather than going through the usual round of morning meetings in work.

Fair Isle Bird Observatory


I started from the Obs and headed over to the haven to look for migrants. Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Rock Pipit and Twite were the best there. Several Eiders were loafing around the harbour, sadly not males but at least they were nice and close.

Eider, North Haven, Fair Isle, Shetland

North Haven, Fair Isle
I then made my way southwards and decided that if nothing else was being found I would spend a couple of hours with the BRW (which was still present at Upper Stoneybrek) and try for some photos.
I got to the garden and AW Lee Gregory had stopped there too, fortunately the bird was showing well. Lee was mid-census so couldn't stay too long, once he left it was just me, the BRW and a Yellow-browed Warbler. The light was poor so I had to hike up the ISO but the bird still posed nicely from time to time.


 




I was more than happy with the shots I got and this last one grabbed me my first Birdguides Photo of the Week which pleased me no end!


Blyth's Reed Warbler, Fair Isle, Shetland and Birdguides POTW :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment