Tuesday 14 December 2021

Happy 10th Birthday Dear Blog!

It might seem hard to believe (it certainly does for me) but last month this blog was ten years old! It was November 2011 when I posted my first update.

Its changed a bit since then, as has my birding. The first year and a bit was in Cork, since then Norfolk. In recent times there's been less emphasis on photography, I've added more sound recordings and of course Podcast links.

Its hard to pull out the highlights but here's a quick trot down memory lane and my top ten posts of the last ten years.

1. November 2011 and my part in finding Ireland's 4th Pallid Harrier in A 'tail' of two pallids.

 

Pallid Harrier, Power Head, Cork, Ireland

2. May 2012 and a short visit to Cape Clear Island.

Cotter's Garden, Cape Clear Island

 3. April 2013 and finding Norfolk's first spring Red-flanked Bluetail in Blue Magic at Horsey Gap.

Red-flanked Bluetail, Horsey Gap, Norfolk

 4. April 2014 and an amazing encounter with a Two-barred Crossbill at Lynford.

Two-barred Crossbill, Lynford, Norfolk

 5. May 2014 and an unforgettable trip to Magee Marsh, Ohio for migrating spring warblers.

Prothonotary Warbler, Magge Marsh, Ohio

 6. May 2015 and finally nailing that shot of a singing Nightingale.

Nightingale, Suffolk

7. September 2015 and a stand-off between an Adder and a Bluethroat.

Bluethroat, Winterton Dunes, Norfolk

 8. First trip to Fair Isle lands my only Birdguides Photo of the Week

Blyth's Reed Warbler, Fair Isle

 9. May 2018 and a weekend with Tory Island's Corncrakes 

 

Corncrake, Tory Island, Donegal

 10. October 2020 and a day to remember at Happisburgh, Norfolk 

Stejneger's Stonechat, Cart Gap, Norfolk

Hope you've enjoyed that as much as I did.

 

 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment