Saturday 27 May 2017

A morning in the brecks

Very nice jaunt to the Brecks this morning. Out of bed a bit later than I would have liked and got caught in some thunder and lightening (not nice when you're out in the open carrying a tripod on your back that would do very nicely as a conductor!).
Anyway, James Hanlon had given me directions for Tree Pipit the previous day and I came across two birds holding territory. Not very obliging for photos though but nevermind.

Tree Pipit - near Santon Downham, Suffolk - 27th May 2017

The same area held Yellowhammer, Stonechat, Willow Warbler, Blackcap, Common Whitethroat and Woodlark. I could hear a Cuckoo too but didn't manage to see it.

Woodlark, near Santon Downham, Suffolk - 27th May 2017
 
A Hobby zipped over the garden chasing a Starling this evening - too fast for a photo but I love the fact that I can see Hobby from my suburban back garden!!

No comments:

Post a Comment